Are you someone looking to invest in gold? Have you done an internet search or two and found hundreds (or more) of precious metals dealers available? Check out my list of the best gold companies if you haven’t already.
Do you want a company that has been in the industry for many years, or are you comfortable with a newer precious metals broker?
Investing can be overwhelming, especially if you’re new to it or you’re looking to find some other options for your purchases. Any internet search will bring up many, many companies just looking to sell you precious metal coins, bars, collectibles, and other investment options.
But, how do you know if a company is legitimate? How do you know if you’re going to get the best bang for your buck or possibly even be taken advantage of? It can be difficult, which is why we’ve decided to review a company that you may stumble across: Gold State Mint.
Before you decide to plunk down your hard-earned money on precious metals, consider this Golden State Mint Review.
Table of Contents
Golden State Mint Background
Golden State Mint began in Sanford, Florida in 1974. Currently, Golden State Mint is run by company owner Andrew Pavlakos and has expanded its company to offer everything from copper to gold to platinum to palladium in a variety of products.
While looking on their website, it was difficult to find if and where Golden State Mint stores your purchases. They do not share explicitly which storage options they have, although they do vaguely mention that they do work with IRA-approved administrators. This vagueness may turn off some investors, understandably.
Are They a Legitimate Company?
Yes, Golden State Mint is a legitimate company with over 45 years of experience. They are definitely not one of the many scam companies that have popped up in recent years. In fact, Golden State Mint is Better Business Bureau accredited since 2019.
They also work with other highly-regarded organizations, including:
- Certified Coin Exchange
- International Precious Metals Institute
- National Rifle Association
- North American Collectibles Association, Inc.
- Token and Medal Society
You can also find more organizations that they work with on their website if you are interested.
Golden State Mint Products
Mints are companies that do metal minting or stamping raw metals into various coins. Golden State Mint offers minting services in gold, silver, and copper. They also offer the following types of products to their customers:
- Antiquated Silver
- Buffalo Collectors Items
- Chinese Zodiac Coins
- Incuse Indian Collection Coins
If you’re strictly interested in their gold, Golden State Mint offers these items:
- Gold bars, coins, and rounds
- Fractional gold
- Assorted weights
- IRA-certified gold
- Gold-specific items like the Wearable Wealth Bullion Bracelet, Canadian Gold Maple Leafs, and Bitcoin Gold Bullion Rounds to name a few
If you’re looking to purchase investment-eligible precious metals for your precious metals IRA, they have you covered there as well. You can purchase the following from Golden State Mint:
- Precious metals-backed cryptocurrency
They do state on their website that you can open a precious metals IRA account with them, but again, research what administrators they do business with and what the terms will be of that business.
Golden State Mint Top Features
Making a purchase with Golden State Mint could be intimidating, but it doesn’t need to be. Consider these top features that make Golden State Mint a solid choice for your precious metals needs:
- Flexible payment methods: You can make your purchases with a mailed check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover credit card, debit card, PayPal, or bank wire. Just keep in mind that specific payment methods may have purchase restrictions, so check the FAQ section before you place your order.
- Shipping insurance
- Monitoring order status: After you place your order, you can log in and check the status of your purchase at any time. You can also view when your products are shipped and you can utilize the tracking number to locate where your items are in the delivery process.
- Free shipping on orders over $199: All U.S. orders will ship for free when your purchase is over $199.
- Live chat
- Newsletter updates
- Discount programs: There are a few different discount programs available with Golden State Mint such as an affiliate program, a military discount, and deal items.
Final Verdict: Is it Worth Investing with Golden State Mint?
Choosing any precious metals dealer should be done with some research and consideration of your particular financial and investment needs. Before you invest with any company, Golden State Mint included, you should consider a few things, including online reviews, inventory, pricing, and how helpful they are with customer service.
Golden State Mint is a solid choice and they are definitely a legitimate company. While they do not have many online reviews, they do have a good inventory, BBB accreditation, fair and honest pricing, and a customer service team that is always willing to help. They may not be the best choice for a total newbie to precious metals investing due to the lack of education they provide online, but they shouldn’t be totally discounted because of this.
Hopefully, this Golden State Mint Review will help you to make the right choice for you and your investment needs.
More Reviews Worth Reading
Here are some other gold company reviews that I think you’ll enjoy reading. That holds especially true when you’re looking to roll over your 401k to an IRA account.